Nowadays develop a website or blog becomes very easy. Even anyone can create his/her own website without any technical knowledge. The only requirement is you have some basic knowledge of all the tools to develop a website. No matter what is your business or passion is but not having a website you lose your potential customers. Let’s discuss 26 major points you must have to focus.
1. Domain: Domain the very first step to develop a website. The domain name must be easy to memorize. You can choose a domain name same as your keyword if your keyword is “best web hosting” your domain name should be “www.bestwebhosting.com”. This will help you to rank on search engines.
2. Hosting: This is another important step to develop a website. You must have to buy a good hosting for your website. There is a lot of good web hosting provider online just search on google and find a good hosting provider. You can choose both Economy Hosting Service and Enterprise Hosting Service. When you buy a hosting just focus some things like space, speed, up time etc.
4. Purpose: Your website must show your purpose. What is the purpose of the website, Business, Corporate, e-commerce, etc
5. Layout & Color: Color effects the front of your site. A neat layout is always preferred.
6. Sitemap: Clear sitemap & flow chart is very much important for a quality website.
7. Content: Your website has to provide a good and informative content to the users. Target certain keywords to rank high in search engines. The type of the content like language, pictures, videos etc has the influence on how fast or how slow that website will load.
8. Audience: You have to know who your audience is then you can build content that attracts them.
9. Advertisement: Don’t put too much advertisement on your website. If it is not necessary, don’t put it here. Excessive use of advertisement bother your audiences, as a result, your web traffic decrease.
10. Pop up message: Prevent pop up message. It is the most annoying type of advertising because of slow loading and sometimes you can’t close it.
11. Attractive Design: The Good website should be simple yet professional.
12. Buttons: Make an eye-catching button and call to action button.
13. Background: You can choose a clean look, colorful look or you can consider patterned background too.
14. Images: Choose images carefully as it will create a lasting impression on everyone. So, you want it to be good and memorable.
15. Easy Navigation: Users can easily find what they are looking for.
16. Unique: There are so many good websites out there but you have to make your website stand out from the other.
17. Fresh: Post contents regularly to your website. Keep it fresh and update. Try to gather trending contents from different sources which help you come back to audiences.
18. Optimized: A good website has to be search engine friendly. It means it is easy to find your website in the search engine.
19. Cross Browsers: A good website has to be able to be viewed properly in all types of modern browser, for example, google chrome, Mozilla firefox, safari.
20. Screen Resolution: Formerly web design made 980px in width. But its responsive web design is getting popular a site can be designed up to 1230px in width.
21. Social Media: Create all social media account and put social media button on your website so the audience can easily find your social media accounts.
22. Typography: Choose your typography Legible font is definitely important.
23. Registration: If visitors have to interact with your website, give them advantages when they do.
24. Tracking & Analytics: With this you can monitor how your website goes and how to optimize.
25. Provide Security: Visitors have to feel safe when they leave their information on your website. Especially when they have to register their contacts detail or credit card number.
26. Footer: Footer may not be the main thing in a site, but with a well-designed footer, you can impress your visitor. In footer you can use your location map also the detail information like your physical address, phone number.
Hope those discussions help you to start building a website from scratch.
Qualified SEO professional with vast knowledge and experience developing Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Interest in optimizing the website in google friendly way and improving traffic. Enjoy learning about SEO, achieve business goals, improve search ranking with the creative approach through different research and analysis.